Like the films of Wes Anderson and listen to Belle and Sebastian, her cats love above all things, are sweeter than a cotton candy and the actress Zooey Deschanel is his idol, much in the way of being as in the dress. Are the new urban tribe of fashion the twees He wants to make the competition to hipsters.
The term twee started to be used in the 1990s in England to refer to a genre of music, twee pop, but in recent months has turned back to fashion by Marc Spitz’s book “Twee: The gentle revolution in music, books, TV, fashion, and film”and it is that Spitz considers the twees the new hipster.
Zooey Deschanel, the epitome of the twee
If you are looking for a clear example of what is a twee, you only have to look at Zooey Deschanel (Michael Cera or for children). The term “adorkable” falls short to define this actress that he wrote on Twitter some years ago, you would like that all over the world seem to a kitten. Very twee.
I wish everyone looked like a kitten.
— zooey deschanel (@ZooeyDeschanel) June 4, 2011
500 days of summer, Di Yes or more recently the series The New Girl, you look where you look in the Filmography of Zooey Deschanel will find the same type of characters twees: sweet and aninadas girls dressed in pastel colors that prefer to spend the day reading to Roald Dahl or watching Disney movies doing any other thing. A role which should not cost you interpret the actress if we take into account his appearances on the red carpet and his statements in interviews. Sometimes the reality surpasses fiction.
The commandments of the twee style
God Help the Girl, last film of style Twee
You just have to shop around online to find good twee decalogos or examples of how you should behave, dress, and act in public and like no, the twee world also has its own egobloggers.
To make competition to Zooey Deschanel and company and become a twee pure These are the commandments which you must follow to strictly:
- You’ll never leave home without a point jacket.
- Love the hats, Diadems and ties in the hair above all else. Take out the girl you’re inside.
- You’ll moles. Many moles. And if all your pieces of moles are for cleaning, it is time get your looks sailors or flower dresses.
- And feet? Shoe flat, long live Mary Janes!
- You be spent afternoons doing DIY, baking cookies and making homemade jam.
- On the walls of your House should be, at least, a poster of Kurt Cobain, the Supreme Leader of the twees.
- Your best friend will be your cat. Obvious. And if you’re allergic, a bird.
- There is nothing more romantic record tapes for your boyfriend. CD? Modernity of the demon!
- If you’re taking anything, always respecting the slow food movement. And the same with clothes.
- The bike will be your best friend for getting around the city. And if you basket and a rather cheesy color, better.
Photo | Fashionyourseatbelts
More trends in Jezebel
- (Peculiar) the trend of the moment? Hide the hair inside your jersey Turtleneck
- 12 XXL earrings to celebrate his return to our jewellers
- Looking like Ewe: the best street style with these hair-lined jackets
- Suiteblanco midi skirt falls to all [the 50 arrows of autumn]