- Skymark Airlines
The Japanese airline has successfully attacked the duopoly of Japan Air Lines and All Nippon Airways in the lucrative Japanese domestic market since 1998. With over 30 aircraft, 15 destinations in Japan are conveniently connected. In the meantime, however, Skymark Airlines has financial problems.
- Tiger Airways
The low-cost airline from Singapore specializes in connecting destinations in Southeast Asia and to Australia, China, India, Japan and South Korea at low cost. It was founded in 2003 and flies with 19 Airbus A320s. Tiger Airways quickly became profitable.
SpiceJet is number three in the huge and rapidly growing domestic flight market in India. The airline was founded in 2004 by entrepreneur Kalanithi Maran. A fleet of 51 aircraft serves 54 destinations across India. With clever marketing campaigns such as 1 million seats for the equivalent of EUR 25 each, SpiceJet became very popular in India.
- Air Arabia
Air Arabia is one of the most successful low-cost airlines in the Middle East in terms of passenger numbers. Founded in 2003, the airline offers flights to 81 destinations in Europe, Africa, India and Asia and of course the Middle East. The airline is based on Sharjah to keep costs down, as the nearby Dubai airport would result in much higher costs.
- WestJet Airlines
WestJet was the answer to Air Canada’s near monopoly on domestic flights in Canada. It now carries almost as many passengers as its big competitor, the maple leaf, and is the ninth largest airline in North America, although WestJet Airlines was only founded in 1996. The fleet now comprises 101 aircraft and, in addition to Canada, flies to destinations in the USA, Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean.
In Asia, AirAsia from Malaysia was the pioneer of all low-cost airlines. The airline has been growing at double-digit rates for years and now offers flights to over 400 destinations in Southeast Asia. It has subsidiaries in numerous countries to circumvent trade restrictions, such as AirAsia X, Thai AirAsia, AirAsia Japan, AirAsia Philippines and Indonesian AirAsia. Long-haul connections to Europe and Australia are also in the works. AirAsia’s motto is “Now everyone can fly”!
- JetBlue Airways
The airline from New York in the United States is one of the most popular low-cost airlines. It was founded in 1999 and offers connections to 75 destinations in the USA, the Caribbean and South America with 172 Airbus aircraft. Even after September 11, 2001, JetBlue remained profitable.
Ryanair is from Ireland, but is now active across Europe with a fleet of over 300 Boeing 737s. It flies to 160 destinations and has a very famous, albeit controversial, chairman of the board, Michael O’Leary. With novel and absurd cost-saving ideas such as pay toilets or standing seats on the plane, Ryanair is always successful in bringing up discussions.
Easyjet is one of the leading low-cost airlines in Europe. With 190 aircraft connections are offered to over 130 destinations. Lately, Easyjet has also successfully managed to get business people on board their Airbuses. Otherwise, the British are less controversial than Ryanair and therefore more popular with passengers and the press.
- Southwest Airlines
Soutwest Airlines is the model and role model of every other low-cost airline. The budget flight model has been in operation since 1969 and today Soutwest is the largest airline in the US domestic market by passengers. A fleet of 586 Boeing planes flies to 78 destinations in the USA. Southwest Airlines operates 3,400 flights every day!
- Attractions in Laos
- Beach Vacation in Southern Thailand
- Brief Information about Kyrgyzstan
- Brief Information about Latvia
- Bulgaria Tour Plan
- Central Africa Trade Unions
- Costa Rica Rental Car Tour With Children
- Croatia Travel Guide
- Eastern Africa Trade Unions
- Emigration to Japan
- Germany History
- How to Convert Euros to Australian Dollars
- Israel Tour Plan
- Jamaica Comprehensive Round Trip
- Kenya History
- Mexico Small Group Tour
- Middle East Trade Unions
- Myanmar Tour Plan
- Nigeria Shopping and Currency
- Quick Facts about Armenia
- Quick Facts about Iceland
- Russia Religion
- South America Trade Unions
- Southeastern Asia Trade Unions
- Sweden Tour Plan
- Top 10 Sights in Armenia
- Top 10 Sights in Latvia
- Trips to Japan
- Trips to The Maldives
- United Kingdom Culture
- Western Africa Trade Unions
- When Is The Best Time to Travel to Thailand
- Akron, Ohio February 27, 2023 - Akron, Ohio is a vibrant and diverse city located in the heart of the Great Lakes region. It is the fifth-largest city in the state of Ohio and is home… Read more
- Alcoa, Tennessee February 20, 2023 - According to fashionissupreme, Alcoa, Tennessee is a small city in Blount County, located in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. With a population of 8,449 (as of 2019), Alcoa… Read more
- Travel to Antigua and Barbuda February 13, 2023 - The islands of Antigua and Barbuda have 365 beaches for recreation all year round, surrounded by paradise nature. Divers are attracted by magnificent coral reefs, and romantics are attracted by… Read more
- Sovata, Romania February 6, 2023 - “We should improve our health” - with such a phrase, tourists begin communication with residents of the Romanian village of Sovata. Foreigners have high hopes for this balneological resort, because… Read more
- Nyiregyhaza, Hungary December 26, 2022 - According to Clothesbliss, Nyiregyhaza is one of the most popular cities among tourists in Eastern Hungary. In terms of the wealth of historical heritage, he, of course, is not in… Read more
- Loop 202 in Arizona December 12, 2022 - SR-202 Get started Phoenix End Chandler Length 77 mi Length 124 km Route 1 → Los Angeles 2 40th Street 3 → Tucson 4 52nd Street 5 Sky Harbor… Read more
- Guantanamo, Cuba December 5, 2022 - Guantánamo is a city in the southeast of Cuba, famous for the nearby permanently leased US military base, on the territory of which the so-called Guantanamo prison for those accused… Read more
- Saxony, Germany November 28, 2022 - The easternmost and most populous state in Germany has the status of a "free state". Saxony covers an area of only 18,415 sq. km. Remarkably, the Saxons never lived here,… Read more
- How to Get to Florence, Italy November 21, 2022 - If Florence is the main or only destination in Italy, then it makes sense to fly directly by plane. “Direct” is, of course, very conditional, there are no direct flights… Read more
- Sights of Gdansk, Poland November 14, 2022 - Trade and war are two words that are inextricably linked to the Polish city of Gdansk. Since the Potsdam Conference in 1945, the city of Gdansk belongs to Poland. Before… Read more