The Cheapest Airlines in the World
- Skymark Airlines
The Japanese airline has successfully attacked the duopoly of Japan Air Lines and All Nippon Airways in the lucrative Japanese domestic market since 1998. With over 30 aircraft, 15 destinations in Japan are conveniently connected. In the meantime, however, Skymark Airlines has financial problems.
- Tiger Airways
The low-cost airline from Singapore specializes in connecting destinations in Southeast Asia and to Australia, China, India, Japan and South Korea at low cost. It was founded in 2003 and flies with 19 Airbus A320s. Tiger Airways quickly became profitable.
SpiceJet is number three in the huge and rapidly growing domestic flight market in India. The airline was founded in 2004 by entrepreneur Kalanithi Maran. A fleet of 51 aircraft serves 54 destinations across India. With clever marketing campaigns such as 1 million seats for the equivalent of EUR 25 each, SpiceJet became very popular in India.
- Air Arabia
Air Arabia is one of the most successful low-cost airlines in the Middle East in terms of passenger numbers. Founded in 2003, the airline offers flights to 81 destinations in Europe, Africa, India and Asia and of course the Middle East. The airline is based on Sharjah to keep costs down, as the nearby Dubai airport would result in much higher costs.
- WestJet Airlines
WestJet was the answer to Air Canada’s near monopoly on domestic flights in Canada. It now carries almost as many passengers as its big competitor, the maple leaf, and is the ninth largest airline in North America, although WestJet Airlines was only founded in 1996. The fleet now comprises 101 aircraft and, in addition to Canada, flies to destinations in the USA, Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean.
In Asia, AirAsia from Malaysia was the pioneer of all low-cost airlines. The airline has been growing at double-digit rates for years and now offers flights to over 400 destinations in Southeast Asia. It has subsidiaries in numerous countries to circumvent trade restrictions, such as AirAsia X, Thai AirAsia, AirAsia Japan, AirAsia Philippines and Indonesian AirAsia. Long-haul connections to Europe and Australia are also in the works. AirAsia’s motto is “Now everyone can fly”!
- JetBlue Airways
The airline from New York in the United States is one of the most popular low-cost airlines. It was founded in 1999 and offers connections to 75 destinations in the USA, the Caribbean and South America with 172 Airbus aircraft. Even after September 11, 2001, JetBlue remained profitable.
Ryanair is from Ireland, but is now active across Europe with a fleet of over 300 Boeing 737s. It flies to 160 destinations and has a very famous, albeit controversial, chairman of the board, Michael O’Leary. With novel and absurd cost-saving ideas such as pay toilets or standing seats on the plane, Ryanair is always successful in bringing up discussions.
Easyjet is one of the leading low-cost airlines in Europe. With 190 aircraft connections are offered to over 130 destinations. Lately, Easyjet has also successfully managed to get business people on board their Airbuses. Otherwise, the British are less controversial than Ryanair and therefore more popular with passengers and the press.
- Southwest Airlines
Soutwest Airlines is the model and role model of every other low-cost airline. The budget flight model has been in operation since 1969 and today Soutwest is the largest airline in the US domestic market by passengers. A fleet of 586 Boeing planes flies to 78 destinations in the USA. Southwest Airlines operates 3,400 flights every day!
- Attractions in Laos
- Beach Vacation in Southern Thailand
- Brief Information about Kyrgyzstan
- Brief Information about Latvia
- Bulgaria Tour Plan
- Central Africa Trade Unions
- Costa Rica Rental Car Tour With Children
- Croatia Travel Guide
- Eastern Africa Trade Unions
- Emigration to Japan
- Germany History
- How to Convert Euros to Australian Dollars
- Israel Tour Plan
- Jamaica Comprehensive Round Trip
- Kenya History
- Mexico Small Group Tour
- Middle East Trade Unions
- Myanmar Tour Plan
- Nigeria Shopping and Currency
- Quick Facts about Armenia
- Quick Facts about Iceland
- Russia Religion
- South America Trade Unions
- Southeastern Asia Trade Unions
- Sweden Tour Plan
- Top 10 Sights in Armenia
- Top 10 Sights in Latvia
- Trips to Japan
- Trips to The Maldives
- United Kingdom Culture
- Western Africa Trade Unions
- When Is The Best Time to Travel to Thailand
- Independent Mexico Part 2 January 11, 2022 - Rising up in arms against President Lerdo, brought back to the presidency after an election that the president of the Supreme Court accused of fraudulent, P. Díaz, who had already… Read more
- Independent Mexico January 4, 2022 - The Itúrbide in 1822 convened a congress and in this, taking advantage of the struggle between monarchists (exponents of the great property and the high clergy) and liberals, these in… Read more
- San Sebastian, Spain December 28, 2021 - San Sebastian - food culture and joie de vivre On the Bay of Biscay, San Sebastián is located on a striking, horseshoe-shaped bay. Known in Basque as Donostia, the city… Read more
- Attractions in Khiva, Uzbekistan December 21, 2021 - Khiva, Uzbekistan: UNESCO World Heritage Site The monuments of the Uzbek city of Khiva date from the 19th century and are still in an exceptionally good condition today. The old… Read more
- Tanzania Landmarks December 14, 2021 - Serengeti National Park It is an impressive spectacle to explore the Serengeti National Park with its various wild animals. This park is the oldest national park in Tanzania and it… Read more
- Sightseeing in Russia December 7, 2021 - Above all, this country awaits you with cultural sights. Experience centuries-old art and culture in the "Venice of the North", St. Petersburg, and don't miss the luxury metropolis Moscow. On… Read more
- Malta Landmarks November 30, 2021 - Ramla Bay On the southern European island of Gozo, which is part of the main island of Malta, vacationers will find a rich culture with huge temples, impressive churches and… Read more
- Jamaica State Overview November 23, 2021 - Geography According to allcitycodes, the island of Jamaica is mainly made up of mountainous terrain surrounded by a small strip of coastline. Cities are usually established in this coastal plain.… Read more
- Caracas, Venezuela During Republican Period November 16, 2021 - The 19 of April of 1810 the originating Revolution on April 19, 1810, when a popular movement rejects in Caracas to the newly appointed governor of the province, Vicente Emparan, who had been awarded to office… Read more
- Slovakia Recent Politics November 9, 2021 - On January 1, 2008, a pension reform came into force that reversed parts of the extensive privatization of pension insurance introduced in 2005 by the previous conservative-liberal government. On April… Read more