The Cheapest Airlines in the World
- Skymark Airlines
The Japanese airline has successfully attacked the duopoly of Japan Air Lines and All Nippon Airways in the lucrative Japanese domestic market since 1998. With over 30 aircraft, 15 destinations in Japan are conveniently connected. In the meantime, however, Skymark Airlines has financial problems.
- Tiger Airways
The low-cost airline from Singapore specializes in connecting destinations in Southeast Asia and to Australia, China, India, Japan and South Korea at low cost. It was founded in 2003 and flies with 19 Airbus A320s. Tiger Airways quickly became profitable.
SpiceJet is number three in the huge and rapidly growing domestic flight market in India. The airline was founded in 2004 by entrepreneur Kalanithi Maran. A fleet of 51 aircraft serves 54 destinations across India. With clever marketing campaigns such as 1 million seats for the equivalent of EUR 25 each, SpiceJet became very popular in India.
- Air Arabia
Air Arabia is one of the most successful low-cost airlines in the Middle East in terms of passenger numbers. Founded in 2003, the airline offers flights to 81 destinations in Europe, Africa, India and Asia and of course the Middle East. The airline is based on Sharjah to keep costs down, as the nearby Dubai airport would result in much higher costs.
- WestJet Airlines
WestJet was the answer to Air Canada’s near monopoly on domestic flights in Canada. It now carries almost as many passengers as its big competitor, the maple leaf, and is the ninth largest airline in North America, although WestJet Airlines was only founded in 1996. The fleet now comprises 101 aircraft and, in addition to Canada, flies to destinations in the USA, Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean.
In Asia, AirAsia from Malaysia was the pioneer of all low-cost airlines. The airline has been growing at double-digit rates for years and now offers flights to over 400 destinations in Southeast Asia. It has subsidiaries in numerous countries to circumvent trade restrictions, such as AirAsia X, Thai AirAsia, AirAsia Japan, AirAsia Philippines and Indonesian AirAsia. Long-haul connections to Europe and Australia are also in the works. AirAsia’s motto is “Now everyone can fly”!
- JetBlue Airways
The airline from New York in the United States is one of the most popular low-cost airlines. It was founded in 1999 and offers connections to 75 destinations in the USA, the Caribbean and South America with 172 Airbus aircraft. Even after September 11, 2001, JetBlue remained profitable.
Ryanair is from Ireland, but is now active across Europe with a fleet of over 300 Boeing 737s. It flies to 160 destinations and has a very famous, albeit controversial, chairman of the board, Michael O’Leary. With novel and absurd cost-saving ideas such as pay toilets or standing seats on the plane, Ryanair is always successful in bringing up discussions.
Easyjet is one of the leading low-cost airlines in Europe. With 190 aircraft connections are offered to over 130 destinations. Lately, Easyjet has also successfully managed to get business people on board their Airbuses. Otherwise, the British are less controversial than Ryanair and therefore more popular with passengers and the press.
- Southwest Airlines
Soutwest Airlines is the model and role model of every other low-cost airline. The budget flight model has been in operation since 1969 and today Soutwest is the largest airline in the US domestic market by passengers. A fleet of 586 Boeing planes flies to 78 destinations in the USA. Southwest Airlines operates 3,400 flights every day!
- Attractions in Laos
- Beach Vacation in Southern Thailand
- Brief Information about Kyrgyzstan
- Brief Information about Latvia
- Bulgaria Tour Plan
- Central Africa Trade Unions
- Costa Rica Rental Car Tour With Children
- Croatia Travel Guide
- Eastern Africa Trade Unions
- Emigration to Japan
- Germany History
- How to Convert Euros to Australian Dollars
- Israel Tour Plan
- Jamaica Comprehensive Round Trip
- Kenya History
- Mexico Small Group Tour
- Middle East Trade Unions
- Myanmar Tour Plan
- Nigeria Shopping and Currency
- Quick Facts about Armenia
- Quick Facts about Iceland
- Russia Religion
- South America Trade Unions
- Southeastern Asia Trade Unions
- Sweden Tour Plan
- Top 10 Sights in Armenia
- Top 10 Sights in Latvia
- Trips to Japan
- Trips to The Maldives
- United Kingdom Culture
- Western Africa Trade Unions
- When Is The Best Time to Travel to Thailand
- Cyprus Attractions May 10, 2022 - Larnaca The city of the gods, Larnaca, is located in the north-east of Cyprus. Larnaka is best known for its numerous archaeological sights. According to legend, the city was the… Read more
- South Ossetia May 3, 2022 - The Republic of South Ossetia is a territory located in the Asian region of the Caucasus. Республикӕ Хуссар Ирыстон (Respublikae Xussar Iryston) in the Ossetian language ; Республика Южная Осетия (Respublika Yuzhnaya Ossetia) in Russian language ; სამხრეთ ოსეთი (Samjreti Oseti)… Read more
- Geography of South Africa April 26, 2022 - Located between 16°24′ and 31° East longitude and 22° and 34°42′ South latitude; in the south it is washed by the Atlantic and Indian oceans. In the west, the cold… Read more
- Geography of Morocco April 19, 2022 - General information about Morocco According to allcitycodes, the official name is The Kingdom of Morocco. Located in northwest Africa. The area is 446.550 thousand km2, the population is 30.65 million… Read more
- Tours to Uruguay April 12, 2022 - A small state with a big heart and a pure soul - this is how the Uruguayans call their country. Tours to Uruguay are diverse: even individual tours of the… Read more
- Shopping and Eating in Brussels, Belgium April 5, 2022 - Restaurants in Brussels Belgian cuisine is world renowned, as is its fine dining, with the largest concentration of Michelin-starred gourmet restaurants. The capital of Belgium is no exception and invites… Read more
- Bad Ems, Germany March 29, 2022 - Bad Ems - Bad Ems is a well-known balneological resort, which for two centuries has been one of the most important health resorts in Europe. Bad Ems, with an area… Read more
- Syracuse, Italy March 22, 2022 - Syracuse is a unique city, a museum city under the transparent Sicilian sky, a city of legend, a city of myth. According to legend, the city was founded by the… Read more
- Alabama – the Hart of the South March 15, 2022 - Alabama is known as the Heart of Dixie because Montgomery was the Confederate capital and its first president, Jefferson Davis, also resided here. The state is the 29th largest in… Read more
- Serbia Cinema March 8, 2022 - The generational change, with the emergence of new filmmakers, marked the first decades of the new century in Serbia. Emir Kusturica's creative streak, after Život ječudo (2004; Life is a… Read more