- Skymark Airlines
The Japanese airline has successfully attacked the duopoly of Japan Air Lines and All Nippon Airways in the lucrative Japanese domestic market since 1998. With over 30 aircraft, 15 destinations in Japan are conveniently connected. In the meantime, however, Skymark Airlines has financial problems.
- Tiger Airways
The low-cost airline from Singapore specializes in connecting destinations in Southeast Asia and to Australia, China, India, Japan and South Korea at low cost. It was founded in 2003 and flies with 19 Airbus A320s. Tiger Airways quickly became profitable.
SpiceJet is number three in the huge and rapidly growing domestic flight market in India. The airline was founded in 2004 by entrepreneur Kalanithi Maran. A fleet of 51 aircraft serves 54 destinations across India. With clever marketing campaigns such as 1 million seats for the equivalent of EUR 25 each, SpiceJet became very popular in India.
- Air Arabia
Air Arabia is one of the most successful low-cost airlines in the Middle East in terms of passenger numbers. Founded in 2003, the airline offers flights to 81 destinations in Europe, Africa, India and Asia and of course the Middle East. The airline is based on Sharjah to keep costs down, as the nearby Dubai airport would result in much higher costs.
- WestJet Airlines
WestJet was the answer to Air Canada’s near monopoly on domestic flights in Canada. It now carries almost as many passengers as its big competitor, the maple leaf, and is the ninth largest airline in North America, although WestJet Airlines was only founded in 1996. The fleet now comprises 101 aircraft and, in addition to Canada, flies to destinations in the USA, Central America, Mexico and the Caribbean.
In Asia, AirAsia from Malaysia was the pioneer of all low-cost airlines. The airline has been growing at double-digit rates for years and now offers flights to over 400 destinations in Southeast Asia. It has subsidiaries in numerous countries to circumvent trade restrictions, such as AirAsia X, Thai AirAsia, AirAsia Japan, AirAsia Philippines and Indonesian AirAsia. Long-haul connections to Europe and Australia are also in the works. AirAsia’s motto is “Now everyone can fly”!
- JetBlue Airways
The airline from New York in the United States is one of the most popular low-cost airlines. It was founded in 1999 and offers connections to 75 destinations in the USA, the Caribbean and South America with 172 Airbus aircraft. Even after September 11, 2001, JetBlue remained profitable.
Ryanair is from Ireland, but is now active across Europe with a fleet of over 300 Boeing 737s. It flies to 160 destinations and has a very famous, albeit controversial, chairman of the board, Michael O’Leary. With novel and absurd cost-saving ideas such as pay toilets or standing seats on the plane, Ryanair is always successful in bringing up discussions.
Easyjet is one of the leading low-cost airlines in Europe. With 190 aircraft connections are offered to over 130 destinations. Lately, Easyjet has also successfully managed to get business people on board their Airbuses. Otherwise, the British are less controversial than Ryanair and therefore more popular with passengers and the press.
- Southwest Airlines
Soutwest Airlines is the model and role model of every other low-cost airline. The budget flight model has been in operation since 1969 and today Soutwest is the largest airline in the US domestic market by passengers. A fleet of 586 Boeing planes flies to 78 destinations in the USA. Southwest Airlines operates 3,400 flights every day!
- Attractions in Laos
- Beach Vacation in Southern Thailand
- Brief Information about Kyrgyzstan
- Brief Information about Latvia
- Bulgaria Tour Plan
- Central Africa Trade Unions
- Costa Rica Rental Car Tour With Children
- Croatia Travel Guide
- Eastern Africa Trade Unions
- Emigration to Japan
- Germany History
- How to Convert Euros to Australian Dollars
- Israel Tour Plan
- Jamaica Comprehensive Round Trip
- Kenya History
- Mexico Small Group Tour
- Middle East Trade Unions
- Myanmar Tour Plan
- Nigeria Shopping and Currency
- Quick Facts about Armenia
- Quick Facts about Iceland
- Russia Religion
- South America Trade Unions
- Southeastern Asia Trade Unions
- Sweden Tour Plan
- Top 10 Sights in Armenia
- Top 10 Sights in Latvia
- Trips to Japan
- Trips to The Maldives
- United Kingdom Culture
- Western Africa Trade Unions
- When Is The Best Time to Travel to Thailand
- Climate and Weather of Praia da Luz, Portugal October 3, 2022 - The climate of Praia da Luz According to Plus Size Tips, Praia da Luz (also called Luz de Lagos) is a popular tourist destination in the Algarve, in the southern… Read more
- Climate and Weather of Carcassonne, France September 28, 2022 - The climate of Carcassonne According to Picktrue, Carcassonne is the capital of the Languedoc-Rousillion region and is located on both banks of the River Aude. Aube is one of the… Read more
- Best time to visit the Romantic Road, Germany September 27, 2022 - Do you want to know when is the best time to travel to the Romantic Road? You can determine the best time to travel to a destination based on the… Read more
- Climate and Weather of Sumqayit, Azerbaijan September 26, 2022 - The climate of Sumqayit Sumqayit is a large city in northeastern Azerbaijan, located on the Caspian Sea. Sumqayit is one of the most polluted places on earth due to the… Read more
- Climate and Weather of Kirkuk, Iraq September 19, 2022 - The climate of Kirkuk Kirkuk is a large city in northern Iraq in Kirkuk Province, not far from the Hasa River. At the last census, more than 1.2 million people… Read more
- Climate and Weather of Mustique, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines September 12, 2022 - The climate of Mustique Mustique is an island that is part of the country of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and more specifically of the island chain collectively called the… Read more
- Climate and Weather of Ghat, Libya September 5, 2022 - The climate of Ghat The city of Ghat is located in southwestern Libya, at an altitude of about 700 meters above sea level, in the Sahara. Ghat sits on the… Read more
- Climate and Weather in Barranquilla, Colombia August 22, 2022 - The climate of Barranquilla According to BRIDGAT.COM, Barranquilla is located in the north of Colombia on the coast. The city is located behind the wetlands off the coast and on… Read more
- Cities and Resorts in Morocco August 15, 2022 - Fes The city of Fez is located 198 km from Rabat, its population is 920 thousand inhabitants. The oldest city in Morocco, Fez is one of the first civilized cities… Read more
- Romania Interesting Facts August 8, 2022 - On the territory of modern Romania, people lived already 42 thousand years ago. In the 16th century, the Slavs began to settle on the territory of modern Romania. According to… Read more