Why travel to the Maldives?
According to COUNTRYAAH, The Maldives is an independent island nation located in the Indian Ocean southwest of Sri Lanka.
The Maldives includes a total of 1,190 beautiful islands, of which only about 200 are inhabited. The islands are divided into 26 groups of islands called atolls.
Many have the impression of the Maldives as a destination whose picturesque white sand beaches, crystal clear waters and fascinating coral reefs provide the perfect setting for a first class beach holiday. And in the Maldives, the reality also meets expectations!
Are you dreaming of a holiday in a postcard landscape that is considered one of the most beautiful in the world?
Pamper yourself on a luxurious and romantic trip to the Maldives!
Our trip to the Maldives
Asian Travel offers the opportunity to travel on the same trip to the Maldives and Sri Lanka .
Below you can read more about the experiences that await you on our travels.
Maldives – a beach holidaymaker’s paradise
The islands of the Maldives are true islands of paradise, and most tourists are attracted here by the opportunity to spend an ultimate beach holiday on sandy beaches that are like straight from a postcard.
Our trips are accommodated at the Summer Island Resort, located on the island of Ziyaaraiyfushi in the North Malé Atoll, about a 45-minute boat ride from the main island of Malé.
Many of the islands in the Maldives are so-called resort islands, which means that each resort has its own private island.
Summer Island is thus the only resort in Ziyaaraiyfushi, and there is plenty of space on the island to enjoy the sun and picturesque sandy beaches. Indeed, Summer Island calls itself a “barefoot paradise”. So kick the shoes off your feet and dip your toes in the soft sand!
In addition to sun lounging, the beach, water and resort offer a huge variety of activities.
- For example, you can rent snorkeling equipment and set out to explore the colorful tropical fish of the underwater world.
- You can also take a light holiday workout in the state-of-the-art fitness center, go on a kayak trip or paddle or just stroll along the stunning white sand beach.
- A relaxing holiday is crowned by a luxurious spa treatment that will make you feel even more pampered.
Other Maldivian highlights
If you want to get to know the Maldives better, you can book various excursions outside the island of Ziyaaraiyfushi yourself or through the resort.
- Summer Island is a great base for diving trips, with easy access to many of the best diving spots in the Maldives. Go with the island’s diving school to Manta Point, for example, where the northeast monsoon attracts huge swarms of devils (“Manta ray”).
- Embark on a research trip to Malé, the capital of the Maldives. Malé has many attractions, such as the National Museum and the Grand Friday Mosque, as well as plenty of restaurants and lively markets, including the Malé Fish Market and the Malé Local Market.
- Take part in a combined sunset and dolphin cruise, during which you can happily get to see playful dolphins up close while the sun sets on the horizon, coloring the sky in stunning shades of red and gold.
Connect to Sri Lanka
The flight from Sri Lanka to the Maldives takes only about 1.5 hours, so a beach holiday in the Maldives is perfect to combine with a Sri Lankan tour. Check out the trips and travel combinations in our selection in the section Trips to Sri Lanka .
Sri Lanka offers plenty to see and do in a relatively small area.
- The 200-meter-high rock fortress Sigiriya, or Lion Rock, is Sri Lanka’s most popular attraction and one of the most beautiful ancient ruins in the world. The view from the top is breathtaking – to get to the top you have to climb about 1000 steps dug into the rock.
- Kandy, the cultural capital of Sri Lanka, where you can, among other things, explore tea making or visit the Temple of the Holy Tooth, which is said to preserve the canine of the Buddha.
- Safari in Yala National Park – one of the oldest national parks. 44 different mammal species and 25 different bird species live here, making it an excellent destination for those interested in Sri Lankan nature and fauna.
Do you have any questions?
On the Practical Information page, we have compiled information and answers to practical questions about the Maldives.
If you have any questions about the Maldives or our other trips, you can also always contact our tourist advisors.